Re: BOSS is back ?? Seems like Yes !

Hi all,

That was my point. I don't know if you guys were following the story
or not. AFAIK this is what happened, Debian was calling itself free
software, FSF was saying no to that in so many words.

AFAIK Debian always had free software (which means full sources),
where there were and are probably issues are when you have two or more
softwares linking to each other which have incompatible licenses,
incorrect copyright file and other such things which believe lintian
also shouts about.

These are usually dealt by having bugs filed against those packages.
While we are not privy to the legal agreement between Debian and FSF,
I *think* the lawyers were able to make a simple deal, make it
explicit on Debian part that they can never have any source-less,
non-free package in Debian ever. It might go into much more
excruciating detail (although how they deal with the firmware part is
beyond comprehension for me as almost all *popular* hardware today in
existence needs firmware blobs) .

Anyways, there's lot of guesstimate up here so might be wrong, would
be happy if anybody from Debian proper will illuminate us about the
above :)