Re: [MiniDebConfSite] Site now Up to preview

at bottom :-

On 8/28/14, pavithran <pavithran.s@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 August 2014 23:18, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The only thing missing from the 1:30 ratio map is that there are no
>> features (such as the bus stand, the nearby railway head or/and the
>> airport) for people to figure out. If those features kinda stand out,
>> we are in business.
>
> Use markers . I think the railways would be shown well normally but
> something could be done for the bus stand.
>
> Regards,
> Pavithran
>
> --
> pavithran sakamuri
> http://look-pavi.blogspot.com

Dear Pavi,
If you want to write a script or two you are welcome or if you want to
drop some markers you are welcome to share those efforts.

I tried quite a few things :-

a. Tried all the default layers but didn't produce anything.

b. Tried http://staticmap.openstreetmap.de/wizard/ but that also
didn't pave out the way I wanted.

c. ArcGIS is out of question as it's a commercial implementation.

So we either just share the basemap without any of the markers of
somebody does the grunt work.

And in all of us (as in between me, Praveen and you) you have the most
experience working with OSM.

The rest as they say, is your party.