CfP, topics and speakers from campus and open router project.

Hi all,
@Harish , is it possible to have a rough count and share names of
speakers and the topics accepted by Amritapuri.

I would like to invite my friend Yogesh Chavan from Pune to talk about
MIPS routers and distributions such as openWRT and things like that.

I had shared my own experiences with lack of good FOSS modems+routers
at https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/namebench-dsl-2750u/

Add to that the recent EFF's call to hackers for the open wireless
router project

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/07/building-open-wireless-router

it would be a great opportunity for young minds and young-at-heart to
look at the humble router not just as a networking equipment but also
as a small business in itself.

There has been quite a bit of brisk business of selling rooted Android
phones to people in my city. These are typically without warranty.

There is possibility of quite a bit of money both in the consumer end
as well as the corporate side as well if people are well-versed in
networking technologies. There is a huge gap between the hardware and
software sold to the joe down the road and the solutions provided by
Juniper and Cisco. This middling space could be very well captured by
vendors selling FOSS hardware as well. Even just making OpenWRT a
first-class citizen on many of the devices would be a major
contribution as well as well as bringing more and more devices to the
fold.

I look forward to seeing on what topics some of the students are
Amrita students going to speak on.

Till l8er.