Re: casual proposal, some potential sponsors and telegram.

> umm... came to know about telegram few days back. It's supposed to be
> an alternative to whatsapp with lot of features to boot.
>
> See https://telegram.org/
>
> I don't have a android phone (still on a pre-smartsphone era platform)
> but it would be nice if somebody wants to try it with me. I did see
> it's almost on all the platforms and they do have an Public API
> published (how stable or not, not known.)
>
> If somebody tries it out, add my number and we can test it out. Give a
> shout though before trying it out so I know.

The source of the piece of software running telegram server is not freely available. Try TextSecure (for mobile number based chat) or chatsecure (Chat Client) or yax.im(XMPP) .

Balasankar C
http://balasankarc.in

"Freedom is never easily won, but once established, freedom lasts, spreads and chokes out tyranny." - Trent Lott