Re: casual proposal, some potential sponsors and telegram.

addition at bottom :-

On 8/5/14, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> I sent casual proposals to some friends/contact I have at few
> companies to see if they would be interested in part-sponsoring the
> event with a promise to have a formal sponsorship proposal soon if
> they are interested in what they see.
>
> Some of the potential sponsors besides the ones we know are :-
>
> a. All those who advertise on Open Source for You
> b. All those who sponsored recent rubicon in pune
> c. All those who are sponsoring pycon in bangalore (supposed to be
> happening now and soonish)
>
> So the sponsorship could take a look at last 6 months advertisements
> in Open Source for You and try out if sponsors for the recent rubicon
> and pycon would be interested in partnering in us. Of course, the
> event is a community event so 'perhaps' not as glitzy as rubicon
> or/and pycon but then we are doing it in a university so even our
> budget should be more easier for them.
>
> Does it result in good visibility for them and how much we are able to
> do outreach for the potential sponsors might be the queries. If we are
> able to satisfy on those counts, we shouldn't have issues getting
> sponsors.
>
> Looking forward to chat on Friday.

umm... came to know about telegram few days back. It's supposed to be
an alternative to whatsapp with lot of features to boot.

See https://telegram.org/

I don't have a android phone (still on a pre-smartsphone era platform)
but it would be nice if somebody wants to try it with me. I did see
it's almost on all the platforms and they do have an Public API
published (how stable or not, not known.)

If somebody tries it out, add my number and we can test it out. Give a
shout though before trying it out so I know.