Re: [Mini DebConf India] Not coming to Mangalore debconf 28th -29th/30th October 2011.
- To: Praveen A <email@example.com>
- Cc: mini-debconf-india <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mangalore-Swantantra <email@example.com>, debian-in <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Mini DebConf India] Not coming to Mangalore debconf 28th -29th/30th October 2011.
- From: shirish शिरीष <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 21:00:05 +0530
- Message-id: <CADdDZRkLghVtLrF9593pgD8n_o+3QH0zhOtu+AP=w88zqdacNw@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAOo+eVouJCaz8YP=9t05rAK9gnfyku_zVLRmh+F_-Xfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CADdDZRnwXsFnk9XweXdExhq0h=tg2f=rPfWU_XG=jvmbP4EFOg@mail.gmail.com> <CAOo+eVouJCaz8YP=9t05rAK9gnfyku_zVLRmh+F_-Xemail@example.com>
At bottom :-
2011/9/3 Praveen A <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> 2011/9/3 shirish शिरीष <email@example.com>:
>> Hi all,
>> I went online to find a train reservation from either mumbai-mangalore
>> in the vicinity of 25th/26th October or from Pune -Bangalore -
>> Mangalore from 25th/26th . While I did get positive from the Bangalore
>> - Mangalore thing (via train) from Pune-Bangalore all trains are
>> booked, its the same from mumbai-mangalore as well.
>> Hence wouldn't be able to take part :( but would support it in
>> whatever small way I can .
> Can't we go Pune-Bangalore by bus? That is shorter I guess (we take
> the hills via bus where as trains go around it).
I tried that but there are couple of issues with that :-
a. It would probably be hell finding bus registrations at this time .
I know it gets crazy around diwali time .
b. the fare charts for buses are even crazier . See
Even the cheapest bus from Pune - Mangalore is Rs. 800/- add another
Rs. 200/- from Mangalore to Karkala so that comes to Rs. 1000/ + one
way . I would not want to spend that much money just on travelling :(
c. Frankly a bus is too tiring and I don't think I would be in any
position to get back unless I have a day or two of rest and I don't
want to spend on hotels and such. Any shorter time-frame is bound to
fatigue me and then I would be no help to people around me.
So don't see any way out Praveen :(
> പ്രവീണ് അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്
> You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
> rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
> they follow the rules: laws and constitution.
Shirish Agarwal शिरीष अग्रवाल
My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17