Re: [Mini DebConf India] Not coming to Mangalore debconf 28th -29th/30th October 2011.

At bottom :-

2011/9/3 Praveen A <pravi.a@gmail.com>:
> 2011/9/3 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
>> Hi all,
>> I went online to find a train reservation from either mumbai-mangalore
>> in the vicinity of 25th/26th October or from Pune -Bangalore -
>> Mangalore from 25th/26th . While I did get positive from the Bangalore
>> - Mangalore thing (via train) from Pune-Bangalore all trains are
>> booked, its the same from mumbai-mangalore as well.
>>
>> Hence wouldn't be able to take part :( but would support it in
>> whatever small way I can .
>
> Can't we go Pune-Bangalore by bus? That is shorter I guess (we take
> the hills via bus where as trains go around it).

 I tried that but there are couple of issues with that :-

a. It would probably be hell finding bus registrations at this time .
I know it gets crazy around diwali time .

b. the fare charts for buses are even crazier . See
http://www.redbus.in/Booking/SelectBus.aspx?fromCityId=130&fromCityName=Pune&toCityId=127&toCityName=Mangalore&doj=25-Oct-2011&busType=Any
for instance.

Even the cheapest bus from Pune - Mangalore is Rs. 800/- add another
Rs. 200/- from Mangalore to Karkala so that comes to Rs. 1000/ + one
way .  I would not want to spend that much money just on travelling :(
.

c. Frankly a bus is too tiring and I don't think I would be in any
position to get back unless I have a day or two of rest and I don't
want to spend on hotels and such. Any shorter time-frame is bound to
fatigue me and then I would be no help to people around me.

So don't see any way out Praveen :(

> --
> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
> rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
> they follow the rules: laws and constitution.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17