Re: Mini-DebConf Mangalore, October, time for planning?

On 14:10 Sat 20 Aug     , Christian PERRIER wrote:
> The thread that followed reinforced the option of Mangaluru but I'd
> just like to add to I really support the option of having the Miniconf
> in *M*angaluru. For two reasons, mostly:
>
> - never been there and it seems nice (Ocean's coast,etc.) while I've
> been in Bengaluru

Yes its a nice place to visit. ^.^ There are many historical places
around the location.

> - there seem to be several enthusiasts ready to organize things and
> there are probably less occasions to have a FOSS event there.

Yes till now no major or minor FOSS event is conducted in
Mangalore. Some small events are organized by NMAMIT college but no
other college are actively involved in FOSS works

> And, last but not least, the 350km between the two cities do not make
> it impossible for Bengaluru people to come (though I have no idea
> about the trasportation possibilities between the two cities).

We have Tatkal trains by Indian Railway, we have lot public and
private transport facility.

PS: be sure to book tickets in advance

> PS: both cities seem quite well mapped on Openstreetmap, by the way..:)

Yeah there are some enthusiasts doing work for Wikipedia and OSM

Best Regards
--
Vasudev Kamath
http://blog.copyninja.info