Re: (forw) Re: Babelbox updated for squeeze

Quoting Alexander Reichle-Schmehl (tolimar@debian.org):

> Just for clarification:  My babelbox did _not_ install the full desktop task,
> but only some packages (gdm3, gnome-session, gnome-icon-teme, desktop-base to
> be precise).
>
> And indeed, if I change the pressed configuration to install the full dekstop
> task, all three languages work without problems.  Is that the expected /
> intended behaviour?  (Why did it work with Hindi then?)

Yes, this is the intended behaviour. When a language needs a font,
that font is pulled by <language>-desktop task, which is itself pulled
by the desktop task.

Hindi, strangely (and wrongly) includes ttf-devanagari-fonts in the
*hindi* task, not hindi-desktop. It means that anyone installing a
system, even without any desktop, in Hindi, will end up with that font
installed.

So, even though this is fortunate for the Babelbox, this is incorrect
and thus a bug in tasksel.

Indeed, babelbox installs should include the entire set of fonts that
are needed by the languages we support in D-I. And I should fix
tasksel so that it doesn't install ttf-devanagari-fonts as part of the
hindi task but as part of hindi-desktop.