Re: Info

On 2016-07-25 16:12 +0530, Satya Prakash Prasad wrote:

This list is for discussing dpkg development, so is not the right
place to ask for help building packages. debian-user or
debian-toolchain are more appropriate lists.

> I am in need to build gcc-4.9/libgcc1_4.9.2-10_amd64.deb locally so that I can
> copy this deb file to another host for installation.

> I am aware that we can build .deb & install file using below steps:
>
> # apt-get source gcc version 4.9
> # dpkg-checkbuilddeps
> # apt-get install <for all packages listed in above command>
> # dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us
> # dpkg -i <package.deb>

That should be
# apt-get source gcc-4.9
# apt-get build-dep gcc-4.9
# cd gcc-4.9-4.9.2
# dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us
# debi

Or more simply:
(Install apt-build, and)
# apt-build install gcc-4.9

> Please confirm on step and let me know how can I download gcc-4.9/
> libgcc1_4.9.2-10_amd64.deb package cource code to build .deb file? But I am
> getting below error at first step itself:

If you want to build the .deb for transfer then you probably _don't_
want to run the 'install' step on the local machine.

> # apt-get source gcc version 4.9
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Picking 'gcc-defaults' as source package instead of 'gcc'
> NOTICE: 'gcc-defaults' packaging is maintained in the 'Svn' version control system at:
> svn://svn.debian.org/svn/gcccvs/branches/sid/gcc-defaults
> E: Unable to find a source package for version

The 'gcc' binary package is built from the gcc-defaults source package. This is a metapackage.
The compiler itself (lots of binary packages) is built from the gcc-4.9 source package.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/