Info

I am in need to build gcc-4.9/libgcc1_4.9.2-10_amd64.deb locally so that I can copy this deb file to another host for installation.

I am aware that we can build .deb & install file using below steps:

# apt-get source gcc version 4.9
# dpkg-checkbuilddeps
# apt-get install <for all packages listed in above command>
# dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us
# dpkg -i <package.deb>

Please confirm on step and let me know how can I download gcc-4.9/libgcc1_4.9.2-10_amd64.deb package cource code to build .deb file? But I am getting below error at first step itself:

# apt-get source gcc version 4.9
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Picking 'gcc-defaults' as source package instead of 'gcc'
NOTICE: 'gcc-defaults' packaging is maintained in the 'Svn' version control system at:
svn://svn.debian.org/svn/gcccvs/branches/sid/gcc-defaults
E: Unable to find a source package for version
Regards,
Prakash