Re: Q: xz multi-threaded compression support and dpkg-dev

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 20:22:36 +0100
Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> wrote:
> AFAICS if the threading is enabled in the xz-utils build, then the xz
> tool should opportunistically make use of the threaded encoder. That
> would cover dpkg-source transparently.
>
> For the dpkg-deb code, switching to use the multithreaded encoder is
> rather easy, but given that the libdpkg/dpkg-deb code is not thread-safe
> at all, overall it would be way more tricky.
>
> But, yes we'd first need the library to be available in testing at
> least.

 Thanks for your reply, Guillem.
 Then, Jonathan, is there any reason to not update xz-utils these days?
 Newer xz has potential to improve debian more.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane