Re: dpkg versioned provides

Hi,

Quoting Guillem Jover (2015-01-29 03:17:21)
> I think the functional tests should be pretty comprehensive.

okay.

> > For example when reading dpkg commit 5bb02fe I saw a comment which explains
> > how versioned or unversioned dependencies should or should not be satisfied
> > by versioned or unversioned provides (in lib/dpkg/depcon.c for function
> > pkg_virtual_deppossi_satisfied)
> >
> > But I do not see these cases being tested for.
>
> You mean for Provides on relations different to equal versions?

Sorry, this was me being confused. Yes, dpkg only knows unversioned or equal
versioned provides.

Funnily, even CUDF (which would benefit from the availability of multiple real
SAT solvers) does not support anything else.

Thank you, my questions were answered :)

cheers, josch