Re: New translators workflow

Hi!

On Wed, 2014-10-29 at 12:31:38 -0400, Sébastien POHER wrote:
> So from now on I will send .po files through BTS, one question
> though: is it one bug report per modified file or one per dpkg
> translation update?

One per translation update is fine. But of course if you work in
batches, and want to just send one .po update, while others are still
to do, feel free to do that. Whatever is most convenient for you. Or
if you send first a .po and then finish another one while the bug has
not been closed yet, feel also free to send the other .po to the same
bug report.

> If so should I send the .po files themselves or, as I previously
> did, a git generated patch?

Either should be fine in general, but the possible problem with
sending patches though, is that if the .po files in git get regenerated
from updated .pot, they will most probably stop applying, so the
entire .po files is the safest option.

> Le mercredi 29 octobre 2014 à 03:49:59, Guillem Jover a écrit :
> > I'm wondering too if translators might find it easier to work from
> > something like a weblate instance, which then I could pull from time
> > to time?
>
> I won't answer for other French translators as I am a new comer but I
> find this kind of tool very handy. It eases the process of translation,
> review and it makes the translation status clearer.

Ok cool, I guess I'll be asking this explicitly to all dpkg translators,
to check if it makes sense to add such setup for the 1.18.x cycle.

Thanks,
Guillem