Relocatable .deb packages issue

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right mail list or not.

I want to create relocatable .deb packages, but I am getting issues with pre-install, post-install scripts. I tried to search the document related , but no luck. I found this link which is explaining behavior but no solution,

http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/12/msg00144.html

I am able to relocate package without having all these (pre,post ) scripts, but when I include these scripts , I got this error..

dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute new pre-installation script (b/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst): No such file or directory

I am using following command to install package..

dpkg -i --instdir=<new path> <package deb name>

I am wondering that if it is possible to create deb relocatable package with preinstall or postinstall scripts. If not what is the reasons behind this..

Thanks for your help.

Prashant