RE: RFC: Proposal to combine diversions and Replaces into DEBIAN/replaces

Thanks for your suggestion Jonathan.

This is actually what I am doing at the moment manually, I did not know that something like divert exist, how could I miss that? :).

Nonetheless, I would prefer that the system keeps track of replacements itself. Now I have to call dpkg-divert at pre- and postinstall to restore the original.

Is it too complicated to have a kind of automatization for divert as a feature in deb-packages?

Regards
Felix