Re: Re: RFC: Proposal to combine diversions and Replaces into DEBIAN/replaces

I agree with Goswin that this is a problem that needs to be solved.

I host several private repositories that offer packages that contain files and configurations for ubuntu clients. these files often replace files of different packages, without breaking the package.

My problem is indeed that, once I am forced to remove the packages that I installed previously from our private repositories, the original packages are left broken. My fix at the moment is either to make a backup of the orinials and restore them on post removal - however, this is not so pretty.

Is there a best practice how to deal with such a situation?

Regards
Felix