Re: dpkg fails to install 32-bit adobe acrobat reader on 64-bit wheezy system: depends issue

Chris Hiestand <chiestand@salk.edu> writes:

> libxml2 source shows that it has "Architecture: any", so I'd imagine
> that should be not be a conflict even though there is no Multi-Arch
> field.

No, that's only for source packages and indicates that the package *can*
be built on any architecture.  Architecture: all in a binary package means
it can be installed on any architecture; otherwise, it's an
architcture-specific binary package and must be multiarch to be
installable as a non-native architecture (without --force options, of
course).