Re: dpkg auto-build broken

dpkg auto-rebuild ?? I don't see dpkg(1) documenting that. apt(1) maybe ? I have sarge and squeeze I don't see that and would like to hear about a reference to look it up.

	# from file: depend-order-install-list-source
        for pkg in `cat /tmp/tmp.$$` ; do  apt-get source build-dep $opt  $pkg
	<snip>
	dpkg-source -x $x ||

I made (alpha release) doil-source that hopes to build LISTS of source packages in correct compileation order (assuming all in list do not require any editing).

Someday may a luser can "build gnome-su" or some junk and it would automatically build everything necessary, ground up if they wish :)

(ps if you have dev installed you can build more easily out of order: but only w/in that release - which is already done)

Michael Prokop wrote:
* Raphael Hertzog [Sun Apr 01, 2012 at 10:01:26AM +0200]:
it looks like the auto-build of dpkg by jenkins is broken since quite some
"autoconf, automake, gettext, flex" were all already installed and
regards,
-mika-

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dep-trace/

( examples/ has script for improved depandancy order dpkg working , will work do magic for complex lists of source builds all at once )