Re: libqwt-dev: apt reinstalls the package

Hello,

On 2011-12-16 10:51, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
[...]
> > 	It is optional; if it isn't present then the upstream_version
> > 	may not contain a hyphen.
[...]
> After rereading it again, I think what was confusing me is that
> I read the subject of this sentence as being <debian_revision>, rather
> than the entire "-<debian_revision>" part.
>
> With the latter interpretation, it seems possible to view 6.0.0- as a
> valid version number with debian_revision part present but an empty
> <debian_revision>.

I agree it could be intepreted so, but I see no benefits in allowing
trailing '-'. After all, it's just confusing.

By the way, using this interpretation for epoch too, a version ':1.2.3'
would be also correct?

> Eugene, does this sound sensible to you?  Any ideas for clarifying the
> text either way?

... so, I would rather amend the policy explicitly forbidding this
special case.

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer