Re: libqwt-dev: apt reinstalls the package

Hi,

> each time I run "apt-get upgrade", apt-get reinstalls the libqwt-dev package.

APT detects installed vs. the online version as different versions
because of different dependencies.

If we have a close look, we can see that:
Online is:
Replaces: libqwt5-qt4-dev (<< 6.0.0-)
After installation we have in dpkg/status:
Replaces: libqwt5-qt4-dev (<< 6.0.0)

So dpkg is dropping the dash at the end of the versionnumber.
Not that this is completely unreasonable as the dash doesn't make
a lot of sense here, but i am cc'ing dpkg-mailinglist just in case
they want to have a look at it.

I think we had a similar "issue" with explicit mentioning of the zero
epoch in the past.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies