Re: libqwt-dev: apt reinstalls the package

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2011, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

>> "6.0.0-" is not a valid version number.
>
> It's accepted by dpkg at least. Why would it be invalid?

It all depends on how one interprets the phrase "may not" in the
following sentence describing debian_version

	It is optional; if it isn't present then the upstream_version
	may not contain a hyphen.

I assumed "may not" means "must not", but now that I look at it again,
I'm less sure.  This text is at least as old as the policy repository,
so if you know Ian's speech mannerisms well enough (I don't) then you
should probably be able to tell. :)