Re: Insufficient check on flex/bison availability

Hi!

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 00:44:38 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> again with a minimal chroot, configure bails out on missing curses,
> which is fine, but finally returns successfully; however, building
> fails, quite badly since the ylwrap wrapper doesn't say anything about
> what goes wrong:

I've since added a README file listing the requirements when building
either from git or from a distributed tarball, HTH.

The curses dependency can be lifted if you disable dselect.

> | $ make
> | …
> |   LEX    trigdeferred.c
> | make[4]: *** [trigdeferred.c] Error 1
>
> | $ make V=1
> | make[4]: Entering directory `/home/kibi/dpkg.git/lib/dpkg'
> | /bin/bash ../../build-aux/ylwrap trigdeferred.l .c trigdeferred.c -- :
> | make[4]: *** [trigdeferred.c] Error 1
>
> I guess erroring out with some proper message might help. I guess
> erroring out at configure time might not be the best option, since
> (again a guess) tarballs will likely ship pregenerated files.

I've fixed this by checking if we are building from a tarball, which
includes the pre-generated .c files.

thanks,
guillem