problems with autoreconf

Hi everybody!

I was trying to rebuild the configure script with autoreconf an got the following message:

man/Makefile.am:3: PO4A_V_$(V: non-POSIX variable name
man/Makefile.am:4: PO4A_V_$(AM_DEFAULT_VERBOSITY: non-POSIX variable name
man/Makefile.am:7: PO4A_RM_V_$(V: non-POSIX variable name
man/Makefile.am:8: PO4A_RM_V_$(AM_DEFAULT_VERBOSITY: non-POSIX variable name
scripts/Makefile.am:121: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
scripts/Makefile.am:126: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension

then i tried running the configure script and it broke like this
.
.
.
checking for bcopy... yes
checking for memcpy... yes
checking for setsid... yes
checking for getdtablesize... yes
checking for posix_fadvise... yes
./configure: line 13869: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
./configure: line 13869: `fi'

I tried investigating why this happens, but I can't find the reason. I checked the configure script at that line, and from what I can tell this problem is that the if statement never was opened, but there is a closing else en fi.Maybe you guys can try and reproduce this error, just so that I know that it definitely is a problem on my system.

I'm using the source from git