Re: dpkg-checkbuilddeps to generate a frontend friendly package list

George Danchev wrote:
> Hello,
> (I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC)
>
> From time to time people ask (myself included) about frontend friendly list
> generated by dpkg-checkbuilddeps so that they can pass it to their favorite
> frontend like apt, aptitude, or cupt to install/remove build-depends and
> build-conflicts.

My 2 cents:

1: Just in case you may be interested there is a short script
'pbuilder-satisfydepends-cupt' in the patch attached to #545794 that does
almost what you want;

2: If the list is passed to some package tool, I see no reason to
introduce/depend on some another functionality by dpkg. Just pass all
build-{depends,conflicts}[-indep] from the source file (like .dsc) and let
that tool handle it.

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer