Re: Enhancing 3.0 (git) source package format

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Weigh that against the bandwidth spend for mirrors and for people that
> do not need or want the history and the extra cost in terms of needing
> more CD/DVD images to contain a source snapshot. Also the cost for
> snapshot.debian.org having to have the extra bloat for every single
> version uploaded. For a worst case take linux-2.6 as example.

Your other points made a lot of sense to me, but this one seems more
intriguing.

Could snapshot.debian.org learn to keep just the objects in each
release that are not in the previous one?  This is a genuine question:
I am not sure how difficult the pristine-tar-like magic would be to
get the md5 to match the archive for each source package.

Jonathan