Re: Installing packages to a foreign system

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Phillip Susi wrote:
> On 10/8/2009 2:25 AM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> >Can you please stop this discussion here and continue it in a more
> >appropriate place ?
> >
> >This has nothing to do with the development of dpkg.
>
> It has everything to do with dpkg.  dpkg is used to install
> packages, and the discussion is about installing packages not to the
> currently running system.

dpkg is used to install all packages, it doesn't mean this list is
appropriate to discuss any generic issue with package installation, please
continue this on -devel. You will have more feedback and I will not be
disappointed because the new message in -dpkg is not relevant for me as
dpkg developer.

Raphaël Hertzog