Re: Installing packages to a foreign system

On 10/7/2009 12:42 AM, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
I use xen or kvm. With a chroot you can never be sure some maintainer
doesn't do something like this.

But if you do see something of this kind I would report it as bug.

Well, you can be sure it won't happen if you don't bind mount /sys, /proc, and /dev into the chroot. But I guess that answers my question then; if a package fails to install because there is no /sys, /proc, and /dev, then it is broken and should be bug reported.