Re: dpkg git repo does not build

Hi Bill,

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Bill Allombert wrote:
> I am trying to build dpkg from git source but that fails.
>
> 1) origins/Makefile should be removed from configure.ac

Right, I forgot to remove this one. I'll fix it. Thanks for reporting.

> 2) ChangeLog is not generated, and
>   dh_installchangelogs -a ChangeLog ChangeLog.old
>   fails.

This one I saw already but it's generated by make dist.
And the generated tarball is buildable. But I agree that it's annoying
and put a work-around for this.

> 3) Maybe a build-dep on git-core is warranted, due to the use of git log.

No, the Build-Depends apply to the tarball generated by make dist and not
to the clean git checkout. So this is not wanted.

Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/