Re: Translation work from now on

Quoting Guillem Jover (guillem@debian.org):

> The idea of pootle is nice, but I'm not convinced it's the solution to
> all l10n related issues, it also forces people to be online, and to use
> a web browser instead of their editor of choice, and from this thread
> there's other people who'd not be happy to use it. Personally I'd have

Because most of the people seem to assume that having Pootle (you can
tell the same about Rosetta and similar tools) as
interface to translators will force them to edit files through
it....which is untrue.

Pootle can very well be used only to retrieve/commit PO files which
can be edited offline by whatever mean translators prefer. I think you
can trust me when things are about working offline as *I* am mostly
working offline when reading mail/translating/most of my
activities....and I would really hate having to *edit* my PO files with
Pootle..:)

And even more, as said already, having our Pootle hooked on a git
branch does not necessarily force people to use it to retrieve l10n
material...

What's poissibly confusing is that those people who will take time to
insist using GIT directly are the very few who can indeed adapt to
every method to retrieve material. Those are not my "target"....the
target is more the teams that are limited in manpower...or skills...or
both combined.