Re: Re: Translation work from now on

Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):
> Hello,
> I would like to continue working "directly" on the git branch and not
> be forced to use pootle. Using git gives me several advantages, so
> please do not deprecated it for translators. If I should commit to a
> certain branch I might need help to do the switching properly, but I
> certainly can.

Well, the Pootle-based proposal was not necessarily enforcing the use
of Pootle. It was basically proposing a branch specific for l10n work,
which Pootle would be hooked on. Then, upstream developers could push
changes to that branch, when things that affect l10n are stabilized
enough in their mind.....and pull updates by translators when
preparing a release.

Whether or not translators commit with Pootle or directly in git
doesn't change much the result....

I proposed a specific branch because Guillem and Raphaël were not
comfortable with Pootle committing directly in master.

> Regarding updating master:
> The German translation of the man pages, which is complete in Lenny,
> has 70 fuzzy entries and 35 missing paragraphs already in master, so
> some "updating" has been done already (similar for scripts). But I can
> definitly wait with updating them, though I'd prefer to do it in
> batches during the Squeeze developement and not "at once" shortly
> before release.

Agreed, of course..:-)

I think that po/ could even deserve its PO files to be updated a first
time to allow us to do such a first batch.