Re: merging configuration files on update, timeline?

Hi,

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
> And what about something similar for the Kernel. When the newbie has to
> replace an old kernel by a new one, there is a lot of risks, specially
> Kernel panic. I would like to see a tool to replace the kernel,

This is a dpkg developement list and is thus not suited to discuss changes
concerning the kernel infrastructure. And with the default setup in Debian
you keep old kernels in your boot menu so you can always go back to a
working kernel if the new one doesn't work.

Raphaël Hertzog