Re: ChangeLog handling and git wrapper for translators

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 10:39:19PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> there's lot of duplication between various ChangeLogs and the git commit
> message. This I have written a script to update the various ChangeLogs
> based on the git history. There's even some checks to properly dispatch
> the commits in the various ChangeLogs.
> We'll just have to run "maint-tools/update-changelos" once before each
> release to update all the ChangeLogs. This will avoid many conflicts on
> ChangeLogs... and it will be one hassle less for contributors.

P.S.: If people insist on using the GNU changelog format I would suggest
collapsing succeeding entries which have identical date and author
information and loose the blank line between the summary and the
changes. This would make it look more traditional and saves a lot of
screen space.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>