Re: Is it possible to make a deb package in non-debian system but only dpkg installed?

Le mercredi 31 octobre 2007 à 14:57 +0900, Inuk You a écrit :
> Inuk You wrote:
>
>> So once I've installed dpkg and checkinstall in the system.
>> Is it problem to try to make .deb in non-debian system? (but dpkg is
>> installed)
>
> checkinstall assumes that you are on a debian system when building a deb
> package. Wether this is the root of your problem or not is another issue,
> but it will most probably fail.

Thanks Felipe

Do you know how to build deb package on non-debian system? or do you know
whether there is how to do that or not?
If not, can you recommend the good package management tool like APT for
non-distro linux?

CPU : ARM
Distro : N/A

Hello,

I've started to build & install dpkg on my Solaris environment here.

Here are my progress:
- a clean dev environment for dpkg to build
        - GNU tools, coreutils, awk, sed, binutils, gcc (4.1), make, find, fakeroot
        - Perl 5.8.0 ( I plan to upgrade it asap to 5.8.8 but that's tough work )
        - OpenSSL 0.9.8e

- build of dpkg & all with this customization:

../dpkg-1.14.6_mb/configure --prefix=$HOME/sandbox --without-gnu-ld --disable-linker-optimisations --disable-nls --disable-rpath --without-dselect --without-start-stop-daemon --with-libiconv-prefix=/local/clearcase/tools/gnutools/gnutools_20070820_sol8 --with-libintl-prefix=/local/clearcase/tools/gnutools/gnutools_20070820_sol8 CC=gcc CPPFLAGS="-I$HOME/sandbox/ssl/include -I$HOME/sandbox/include" CFLAGS="-g -m32" LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/sandbox/ssl/lib -L$HOME/sandbox/lib"

- a quick & dirty hack of perl scripts installed, because I do not use the basic perl installed in /usr/bin:

for i in $(grep -l perl * | grep -v Binary); do sed -i -e '1s:/usr/bin/perl:/home/OPNSRC/PERL-5.8.0/bin/perl:' $i; done

On Solaris there is a compilation problem with :
- getopt
- obstack

I riped those two from some GNU source tree around and added them to the dpkg/lib directory and Makefile.am

Someone want to progress on this track with me ?

Best regards,
Michel

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain privileged information.
If you are not the addressee you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it.
If you have received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of security reasons.
This access is controlled under Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.