Re: Next upload 2007-09-30 (dpkg 1.14.7)

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Guillem Jover writes ("Re: Next upload 2007-09-30 (dpkg 1.14.7)"):
> > On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 19:04:53 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > If it makes changes to the C then I think I should review it.
> >
> > Why would you *have* to review it?
>
> Because I'm the person who is (a) available and (b) competent to do
> so.

Please Ian, you're a bit too arrogant here and it doesn't help your
integration in the team. We all know who you are and that you have written
big chunks of dpkg. But you're not the current leader and thus aren't in a
position to require any review.  But we welcome any review that you will
do.

Concerning availability, it's discutable. You have made significant
contributions with some important new features, but you haven't helped a
lot on the rest of the maintenance. You were supposed to review one patch
at least (#281057) and you didn't do so.

I also wrote a little patch touching the C part (see #433290) this summer
and despite my request for reviews, nobody commented yet.

So please, if you ever expect to be able to take the lead on the C parts
of the code, please show some good will by also reviewing/updating/fixing
the many patchs lying in the BTS. Instead, I've only seen you comment on
some changes without proposing alternative patches and without much