Re: Creating UDEBS

"Matt Proud" writes...

> Hello,
>
> I have been stricken by a need to modify the Debian installer slightly
> to provide for automatic backups of existing disk partitions in the
> context of a preseeded auto-installer. From what I have seen, the d-i
> installer components are provided in the form of udebs.

Frans Pop gave a good tutorial on this at debconf6,
  http://debconf6.debconf.org/comas/general/proposals/32.html

There is a video of the talk at,
  http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2006/debconf6/mpeg1-nt
sc/2006-05-18/tower/Debian_installer_workshop-Frans_Pop.mpeg

More video formats at,
  http://www.decadent.org.uk/cgi-bin/debconf6-video-status.py

A google search on the talk title turned up the slides,
  http://people.debian.org/~fjp/talks/debconf6/paper/

I suspect there might be additional documentation on this stuff, maybe someone
else on the list knows?

I found this in the wiki
 http://wiki.debian.org/BuildingUDebs
maybe you can fix it up as you become a udeb expert :)

If you still need help the debian-boot list might be a good place to ask too
as they are the primary udeb users.

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org