Re: Insane amount of spam in dpkg's BTS...:-(

In article <[🔎] 20061018051221.GF19865@kheops.homeunix.org> you write:
>The amount of spam in dpkg's BTS is more and more insane. Some bugs
>have even been closed by spam.
>
>This is also similar, but at a lesser extent, in many other packages' BTS.
>
>Is someone aware of actions taken to bring this to a more acceptable
>level? For instance, the greylist+spam filtering system that works on
>alioth, thanks to Pierre Habouzit.
>
>All these spams are properly marked as such by my own spam filtering
>system (based on crm-114), but for safety reasons, I do not want to
>trash down such mails directly.
>
>Should request for a more efficiant spam filtering system be filed as
>BR against bugs.d.o?

It takes some time to adjust the spam filters on the BTS, they dropped
temporarily to catching only 99.9% of the spam.  Combined with
quadrupling the amount of spam we are getting, that's pretty bad.

If you have ideas on how to improve it, given the current resources,
let me know.  It should also be faster than the current system, since
we only handle about 10,000 message/hour and got a surge of 75,000
this morning.  Running out of memory has been a problem also, spohr
only has 4 gigs.

The report spam link on each bug page is used to clean the bugs and
train the spam filters.  I also check messages after they have gone to
bugs based on spamassassin scores.  With the recent spam surges, this
is taking a lot of time.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html