Re: Dpkg testing framework, take 5 (was: Re: How are things going?)

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Esteban Manchado Velázquez wrote:
> Hi people!

[...]
>     As I was the one who talked to Steve, I think I should say something :-)
> The thing that worried me the most was the silence after my proposals or
> questions on the testing framework. I assume that we mostly agree about the
> _having_ some test suite for the most important utility in Debian, so the
> problem seems to be either lack of time or agreement.

I bet for lack of time... all the dpkg developers that I know are
reasonable and wouldn't want to throw away the work of someone else if he
has taken care to ask for regular review of his work.

Ian Jackson said he's ready to give advice on dpkg developement in
general. Furthermore it did some groundwork on a testing framework for
Ubuntu (it was a package testing framework), so I'm sure that he could
review your work in that area.

Just go ahead!

Raphaël Hertzog