Re: SVN snapshot of last night doesn't build

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 06:05:27PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I tried today a build of dpkg so that the D-I people working on the
> graphical installer can benefit the recent patch for #345475.
>
> However, the build (done on my local sid system, no pbuilder) failed
> with:

> gcc -std=gnu99  -Wall -g -O2  -Wl,-O1 -o dpkg  archives.o cleanup.o configure.o depcon.o enquiry.o errors.o filesdb.o help.o main.o packages.o processarc.o remove.o select.o update.o  ../lib/libdpkg.a -Wl,-Bstatic -lz -Wl,-Bdynamic -Wl,-Bstatic -lbz2 -Wl,-Bdynamic -Wl,-Bstatic -lselinux -Wl,-Bdynamic
> :/home/srivasta/libselinux-1.28/src/load_policy.c:77: référence indéfinie vers « sepol_policy_file_create »

This is due to the RC bug #347744. The patch there plus my correction
is just a workaround. I've created today patches for libsepol and
libselinux to introduce .pc files. If they get accepted and applied
before our planned upload, then I'll fix dpkg properly with a
versioned Build-Depends, otherwise I'll apply the patches to dpkg as
a temporary measure.

Christian if you need to build a test package just install libsepol1-dev.

regards,
guillem