Dpkg Testsuite (again and again and...)

Hi guys,

    I'm curious about what do you think on having a testsuite for dpkg. I have
tried a couple of times here (see [1] and [2]), but the list in general, and
Scott in particular, didn't seem very interested, at least in my specific
proposal.

    For me it's very hard to believe that people are just not interested in
having a testsuite for dpkg, so I think it must be something that has to do
with communication, with too much workload, with Scott or whoever more
interested in a different approach (that seems to be at least part of Scott's
little interest in my work), etc.

    So, I'm *really* curious to know what people think of all this. Are there
any plans on adding a testsuite? Integrated, perhaps, with the Ubuntu proposal
for a testing framework?

    Reply or I will have to post to d-d-a :-P

--

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2005/06/msg00040.html

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2005/07/msg00006.html

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@debian.org>
Help spread it through the Net in signatures, webpages, whatever!