Re: Secret changes for binNMUs

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Meanwhile, I am using this: unversioned depends and two conflicts: (<<
>>> {Upstream-Version}), (>= {Upstream-Version}.1).

>> Depends: foo (>={Upstream-Version}), foo (<< {Upstream-Version}.1)

>> instead should also work without the need for a cumbersome <<conflict.

> Yes. It is just a matter of which one you like better.
[...]

Afaiui the different possibilties are not equivalent, because
conflicts need to be satisfied before installation, depends only at
configuration (after unpacking, ...).

Quoting policy:
| A Conflicts entry should almost never have an "earlier than" version
| clause.  This would prevent dpkg from upgrading or installing the
| package which declared such a conflict until the upgrade or removal of
| the conflicted-with package had been completed.
             cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute