Re: About dpkg translation, please consider i18n when choosing words

Quoting Martin Quinson (martin.quinson@loria.fr):

> > The pot file is generated by automake when I do "make dist", it isn't
> > even in revision control.  Any comments would be lost?
>
> Waaah ! I cannot belive my eyes ! You're inclined to do so and you're the
> official dpkg maintainer? I must still be sleeping and dreaming.
>
> I'm dreaming of this since 16 Aug 2001 00:24:33 +0200:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2001/08/msg00038.html

Martin, I already told you privately that Scott is as i18n-friendly as
a maintainer can be.

Well, it is now our duty to help him improving dpkg i18n as much as
possible.

First task : let's explain him how to insert i18n-targheted comments
in source code. I must admit that I don't remember this myself. Luk
mentioned this was recently explained in -i18n. Could someone just
bring back this mail to this thread and, please, do not always count
on me..:-)

Second, I have sent the Magic Frenchies on the dpkg man pages i18n
topic. A few of us have mentioned they will work to convert dpkg man
pages to PO format. §There's still a long path and we will probably
need the whole etch release cycle to do it, but key Debian packages
*will* rock when it comes at i18n.