Re: dpkg branches

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:53:40 +0000, Scott James Remnant
<scott@netsplit.com> said:

> On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 11:01 -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Could you please post the registration info for the dpkg arch
>> repository again?
>>
> Sure: http://people.ubuntu.com/~scott/arch/personal/ is the mirror
> with the highest bandwidth at the moment.

> http://people.ubuntu.com/~scott/arch/Arch-For-Dpkg is worth a quick
> read for conventions and stuff that I use.

>> I would like to create branches tagged off the official tree for
>> SELinux changes, which would make it easier to maintain the dpkg-se
>> package, as well as to feed back the changes in the future if the
>> SELinux stuff becomes more palatable for dpkg maintainers.
>>
> Yup, no problem.  Which set of changes were you planning on making?
> The support for the "run this after every postinst" directory or the
> support for actually changing SELinux gubbins inside dpkg itself on
> installation?

	I was actually merely looking to import the changes that
 Russell Coker has made to dpkg source to enable setting file contexts
 on install, Even if these changes are not acceptable upstream, every
 new upstream version would merely mean a tla replay <appropriate branch>

	How often do you sync with upstream?

	manoj
--
"Pok pok pok, P'kok!" Superchicken