Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:49:14AM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> > > As for the extra work, it doesn't matter.
> >
> > It's not nice to screw around with other people's time like that.
>
> I was under the guess that given the qty of dpkg bugs, it might take
> 6+ months, so a best practice stop-gap measure was appropriate (using
> the description field).  It's completely voluntary for developers to
> use the stop-gap.
>
> So tell me, how am I "screwing around with other people's time" ?

It would have been exactly that if you chose to use XB-Upstream... the
Description field is a bit better since you wouldn't be introducing a whole
new thing (it already works, has worked for ages), but we will still have to
convert from that to the proper field eventually.

> If you really think I should wait, I'll make sure a bug is filed
> against dpkg for Homepage field and then wait however long it takes
> for that to happen.

I think there's one filed already.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.