Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 09:43:00PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
> > We could just use the existing support for user-defined fields for a
> > while though.
>
> Oh !  Where can I read about these?  They aren't mentioned in
> deb-control(5) or /usr/share/doc/dpkg nor /usr/share/doc/dpkg-dev ...

I think they're in an obscure place in policy somewhere, possibly in the
appendices from the old packaging manual. At any rate,
'XB-Upstream-Homepage:' in a binary stanza in debian/control leads to
'Upstream-Homepage:' being in the binary package's control file.

The point was validly raised in a previous thread that using these means
changing packages twice in the event that dpkg is eventually changed.