Re: translations...

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 11:08:11AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Michael Bramer wrote:
>
> > > No. We'll get to it then we get to it, and it'll be ready when it's
> > > ready.
> >
> > sorry, wichert. This is not a goog answer.
>
> It's a perfectly good answer.  Those who do the work, get to prioritze.
> That's the way life works.

I have no problem with this and I know this. I only like to see
'translation' on the prioritze list.

Wichert send some list like this. This is ok, and I can wait. I hope the
'etc.' is not to big...

> > Now we have >9000 descriptions translated in german and other languages
> > have also some tausend translated descriptions. See
> >    http://ddtp.debian.org/new/pdesc/gnuplot/ddts-stat.png
> >
> > We should start support of this descriptions.
> >
> > Can't nobody help you?
>
> If you want it supported, then do the work to make it supported.

This is not the biggest problem.

see my next comment

> > Maybe you don't need support for translated descriptions private. But
> > others need this support. If we can get some white papers or some paper
> > of concepts of this support, we can search for some programmer, can help
> > or make some comments on this concept...
>
> Papers do nothing to make it work.  They just distract from the jobs at hand.

But we need some of this papers. Maybe you know, someone make a patch
for dpkg to support this some months ago, and the dpkg developers don't
like this.

This is ok. It is the code of this developers and they must maintain
this new code and they must like the patch. But without some guides or
some concepts a third men can't start coding...

Maybe you see the problem...

> > Or maybe you can give some TODO-list with items in order of your
> > preferences?

thanks Wichert. Is this list on CVS?

in cvs.debian.org/dpkg/TODO I don't find this points ...

> > I don't request the support now. I only request some start of concepts
> > or some plan. We should starting with the work!
>
> Show us the code.

It is not usefull, if we make some code (and we make this already) and
you say 'We don't like this...'. Please make some comments, write some
guides for the support of translated descriptions and we _can_ write
usefull code.

Thanks

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
«Computers are like air conditioners -- they stop working properly if i