Re: dpkg bootstrapping

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Jor-el wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I've gotten to the point in my AIX port where a valid deb is built
> using dpkg-buildpackage. However, trying to install the .deb using dpkg -i
> gives me the error
>
> dpkg: failed to open package info file '<build prefix>/lib/db/status' for
> reading: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
>
> 	If I do a 'touch <build prefix>/lib/db/status' to create the
> file, I then get a 'failed to malloc for info file' - so obviously the
> program is expecting some content to be there already.

Huh?

    ohshite(_("failed to malloc for info file `%.255s'"),filename);

That's from lib/cache.c.  It should have given you the filename.

That's the only match in the dpkg source for that error message.  Did you
change all the printfs?

ps: I note you are not using mmap(the above line is #ifdef'd out when mmap is
enabled.  Does aix not work with mmap?