Re: dpkg bootstrapping

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Jor-el wrote:
> > 	If I do a 'touch <build prefix>/lib/db/status' to create the
> > file, I then get a 'failed to malloc for info file' - so obviously the
> > program is expecting some content to be there already.
>
> Strange message.. there should be an info subdirectory there.

Wichert,

	Maybe there is something wrong (other than the mmap problem that
Adam mentioned) in the way I am doing things. Here is what I do :

1.  autogen.sh
2.  configure (with --prefix set to ~/build)
3.  make
4.  make install
5.  export PATH=~/build/bin:~/build/sbin:$PATH
6.  dpkg-buildpackage -d -rsudo
7.  cd .. and then dpkg -i <deb that got built>

	Maybe this isnt the way I should bootstrap?

Thanks,
Jor-el