Re: Note for translators
The best solution, IMHO, would be to change the dpkg translation process to
use the Free Translation Project.
Doing so, the translator receive a mail every time "his" po have changed.
Then, he send the updated version to the robot, which checks for the
correctness of the [format of the] file. If it's correct, the file is
forwarded to the programmer.
Doing so, we were assured such problem never happen again.
See this link for the advantages for the programmer:
On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 04:47:12PM +0900, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I just fixed a couple of segfaults in vim due to different printf
> format strings in original and translated strings and decided to
> check dpkg for that as well, and it turned out there were a few dozen
> wrong translations in dpkg as well.
> I fixed all the errors that could cause segfaults and tried to
> fix the others as much as my understanding of the language allowed.
> A request for translators:
> * could you please verify the changes I just made 
> * please verify your translations using "msgfmt -c -v <po-file>" before
> commiting or sending changes to prevent these problems in the future.
>  Since I'm currently in Tokyo with only occasional internet access
> this email might actually reach you before I'm able to commit the
> changes to CVS.
Un clavier azerty en vaut deux.