Re: Automating dpkg-reconfigure answers via a shell script

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

Previously VALETTE Eric wrote:

A) Is there a better command than "dselect install" to start installation of pacakges. At leat one where I could specify to use all the defaults value for package first installation? (a la apt-get --assume-yes)

the --set-selection trick with dselect install is a good way to
copy the list of pacakges. For package configuration you could
copy the debconf database from the other machine, or look at
cdebconf which from what I remember has bits of multiple database
support.

So I managed to test the proposed solution. I installed one disk answering all the questions by end, copied the /var/cache/debconf/* files, recreated a new disk copy the debconf database back. reconfigured debconf to the nonintercative mode. Unfortunately, I was still asked questions by some packages :

lilo, bind, php4-*, wu-ftpd, samba, meaning that I'm stuck to answer questions. Any suggestion for automating answer to the packages not using debconf for postinst.

Shall I open bug report against all packages?

--
   __
  /  `                          Eric Valette - Canon CRF