Re: deb-cfmgr: Debian conffile prompting tool.

On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 02:44:48PM -0000, Tom Rothamel wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2000 07:45:18 -0500, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> >
> > I don't mind improving dpkg, but if we're going to add some new
> > frontend it should use debconf. We're slowly starting to move to
> > using debconf for all user interaction and having dpkg itself use
> > something else would be silly.
>
> I agree that all user interaction should be through debconf, if
> possible... that's jyst a good idea for user interface consistency. I
> just think that dpkg should have a generic way of asking the user the
> conffile replacement question.

Wichert is just asking that the frontend/program use debconf. I'm totally
against this whole thing mind you, unless dpkg retains someway of working
without debconf, or an external program, as a fall back. I don't want a
broken perl upgrade to kill my package system.

Ben

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '